Kerb Appalz Limited ('Kerb Appealz', 'we' or 'us') are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.kerbappealz.co.uk (our 'Site') you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the 'Act'), the data controller is Kerb Appealz Limited of 13 Lansdowne Place, Alverton, Penzance, Cornwall. TR18 4WQB.
If you have any queries or comments about this policy, please get in touch by writing to 'Privacy Manager' at the above address or email@example.com.
Kerb Appealz Limited is registered with the Information Commissioners Office, registration number: ZA409661.
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give to Kerb Appealz:
We will collect information that you provide about yourself by filling in forms on Our Site or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise
This includes information you provide when you subscribe as a member to use Our Site or use our Services, and any information that you input, upload, store, transmit or communicate when using Our Site, and when you report a problem with Our Site.
The information you give to us may include the following:
Personal information: Your name, address, date of birth, e-mail address and telephone number, and information about your property or your personal circumstances as a purchaser or vendor.
Property information: If you are selling a property, you may also upload photos and floorplans of your property. These will normally identity your address.
Payment information: When you make a payment for the fees on Our Site or over the telephone with one of our Kerb Appealz operators, we will collect the necessary financial information from you (such as the name on your credit or debit card, the type of card, the card number, start date, expiry date, security code and/or issue number) as well as any additional personal information.
This information will be transferred to our nominated payment processor, which is currently Worldpay (UK) Limited ('Worldpay'), a company registered in England under company number 07316500 and registered office c/o The Walbrook Building, 25 Walbrook, London EC4N 8AF. World Pay is a certified (PCI DSS) compliant service provider who will process your payment to us. Kerb Appealz does not store this financial information.
Due diligence information: We are required to carry out checks on all Vendors that have instructed Kerb Appealz to market their property and Buyers who have an offer accepted for a Kerb Appealz-marketed property. You may be required to provide Kerb Appealz with a copy of a document (e.g. ID, driving licence, passport) to verify your identity should the automated ID verification check fail. Copies of the identity documents and any other information that you provide to us will be stored securely by Kerb Appealz for compliance purposes.
Information we collect about you:
Each time you visit Our Site we will automatically collect information which may uniquely identify your browser or account.
This includes the following information:
Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any telephone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources:
We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies). As part of our business processes, we may pass information to them about you, and we may receive information about you from them.
We currently use the following facilities for the purposes of analysing information collected from you:
* Google Analytics;
* Google Adwords;
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. 3. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways: Information you give us: We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts which we may enter into with you and us and to provide you with the information and Services that you request from us;
- to process your payments for the Services;
- to undertake checks of your identify for compliance with the Money Laundering Regulations of 2007 (as amended);
- to provide information to relevant third parties (only with permission given by you), including:
To submit your property to other online property portals:
- Independent Mortgage advice is through Bolitho, Skeggs & Bratt, Quay Street, Penzance
- Conveyancing and Solicitors we use Daryl Pentercost, Nalders, Market Jew Street, Penzance
- RCIS Surveyor Neil Jasper, The Cornish Property Practice, Newquay
- Builders: Tim Rice & Kevin Jose, Hayle, Penzance
- Removal Services: West Cornwall Removals, Carthew Barn, Newbridge, Penzance TR20 8QL
- Our nominated third party payment processor (currently Worldpay), in order to store your payment details securely and process your payment for our Services;
For Advertisement publications:
- Rightmove, Turnberry House, 30 Caldecotte Lake Drive, Caldecotte, Milton Keynes, MK7 8LE
- Zoopla, 5 Copper Row, London SE1 2LH 020 3544 1000
- Facebook, 1 Hacker Way. Menlo Park, California, 94025, United States
- Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, United States
- Cornishman Newspaper, Local World 16 New Walk, Leicester, LE1 6TF
- to provide you with information about any other products or services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you:
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you by electronic means and/or by telephone with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations for a sale to you. - If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) may contact you by electronic means and/or telephone. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org;
- to improve Our Site and the Services;
- to notify you about changes to our Services, changes to the features of Our Site, and any updates to our terms and conditions; and to ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you:
We will use this information:
- to administer Our Site, your access to Our Site, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve Our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of Our Site and the Services, when you choose to do so; as part of our efforts to keep Our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of Our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources:
- We may use the information we receive from other sources for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- We may also combine the information we receive from other sources with the information you give to us and information we collect about you, and use this for the purposes set out above.
4. Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
5. Storage of your personal data
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Kerb Appealz or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Kerb Appealz, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where you have registered for an account with us, you are responsible for keeping the log-in details to your account and the password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Our Site is secured by SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology, but unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site, and consequently any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will retain your information for a reasonable period or for as long as is required by law. 6. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Site may contain links to and from the websites of our Partner Sites, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. 7. Access to information
You can update your information or change the settings of your account online when you are logged into Our Site.