Presenting your home for sale
Here we are living our day to day lives and our homes are used to live in accordingly to suit our busy schedules.
Now you are ready to move onto the next chapter of your life and your home is now your biggest asset, so let us help you get the most out of it for your future.
It’s simple, the more appealing and spacious your home looks it will attract more interest and will ultimately hold a better price for you.
Your buyer will want to see themselves living there and not you. Just imagine you are looking at houses, you want to see the space and where you will put your furniture and belongings, so it is the same for your buyers.
We can give you advice and help to show you quite simply how you can achieve this. More often than not it is purely a declutter exercise and sometimes adjusting how furniture fits in a room to emphasize the space. Small jobs that need to be done and tidying the garden and the initial ‘Kerb Appeal’ all add to getting the most from your home.
We will work as a team with you and get your place looking the best it can before we take the photos.
It is not as daunting as you think, and sometimes only takes a few hours. It doesn’t matter what kind of home you have we can give it some ‘wow’!
Give us a call for a friendly chat if you would like to know more on 01736 332076.
Preparing your home for sale doesn't need to be expensive and you certainly do not need to redecorate.
The outside of your home, 'Kerb Appeal' is the most important impression as a lot of people will do a drive past to see if they like the location of your home and what it looks like first. Keeping the front of your house clean and tidy, with freshly cut lawns etc will make all the difference to whether they then want to come and view the inside. It will impress them and set the level of expectation for the rest of the property.
- Repair or remove any broken or tired looking furniture, fixtures & fittings.
- Draw attention to any unusual or period features.
- Clean and tidy every room. Declutter removing any personal items and putting them into cupboards out of sight. Get rid of pet odours.
- Stage key rooms to look as appealing as possible to give a sense of lifestye, so your buyers can see themselves living there.
- Remove pet beds and store outside and remove all pet hair off furnishings.
- Smells can have a negative effect, so avoid cooking or smoking before viewings, unless it is home made bread!